Id: QRESINTEMMUSA Division: Trading Unit: Electronic Market Making Asset Classes: Cryptocurrency Title: Quantitative Researcher Level: Analyst Schedule Type: Full Time Employment Type: Summer Internship Location: New York (remote) Period: June - August 2020
What we do
Bluesky Capital's Electronic Market Making division trades the firm's proprietary capital in a variety of investment products. Our cryptocurrency division is looking for a quantitative researcher to expand its trading activities in the crypto market. Quantitative researchers utilize cutting-edge research tools and our low-latency fully proprietary trading technology developed over multiple years.
Our quantitative researchers perform an essential role in our Trading division. They analyze large datasets using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to find profitable patterns and investment strategies on which we can capitalize on. They work closely with our quantitative developers and traders to implement strategies and generate new trading ideas. Quant researchers have a direct impact on the pnl of the company, since their strategies are put into production in our low-latency trading environment.
- Analyze large amounts data using statistical and machine-learning techniques to identify profitable patterns
- Retrieve and clean data from various cryptocurrency exchanges
- Write production quality code to integrate new trading strategies in our current set
- Monitor the performance of the strategies deployed into production
- Work closely with quantitative developers and traders to find new trading ideas and improve existing trading strategies
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree from top university in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related area
- Excellent knowledge and prior hands-on experience with Python or Matlab
- Knowledge of statistical tools and machine learning techniques
- Creative thinkers who are passionate about trading and solving challenging problems
- Ability to work independently on both short and long-term projects
- Knowledge of C++ and Linux
- Prior work experience in a trading or investment management environment is a plus
- Prior experience in cryptocurrency trading
About Bluesky Capital
Bluesky Capital is a global quantitative investment manager and proprietary trader. Founded in 2014 and headquartered in New York, we have a presence in the USA and China. We generate income from our proprietary quantitative trading activities and help our clients achieve long-term superior risk-adjusted returns through our absolute return investment products. We invest in all asset classes, including Equity, Fixed Income, Commodities, Currencies, Volatility, and Cryptocurrencies.
We believe that the success of our company mainly depends on the quality of our team. For this reason, we make sure to hire the best talent we can and provide the resources and support that enable them to operate at their full potential. Most of our people hold advanced degree from top tier universities or come from leading financial organizations.
How to Apply
To apply for the position, send an email specifying the job posting id with a copy of your resume to email@example.com or complete the application form below. A member of our team will contact you shortly after if we consider your experience relevant for our position.